3 out of 4 Switches not working with Alex voice control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 19:10:10 - last edited 2021-03-12 13:52:35
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 switches, 2 HS200 (Hardware 2.0 firmware 1.5.7) and 2 HS210 (hardware 1.0 and firmware 1.5.8). All four can be seen and turned off and on using Kasa. All four can be seen and turned off and on using the Alex app. But only one of them (one of the HS200s) can be operated with voice control in Alexa.  With the other 3 Alexa says "****** does not support that". I also have several outlets that work fine via voice control. I have removed and reinstalled the devices, removed and reinstalled the skill. All four devices where working fine but recently starting acting up. I have a brand new TP-link router also. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:3 out of 4 Switches not working with Alex voice control-Solution
2021-03-12 00:22:44 - last edited 2021-03-12 13:52:35

@MikeandMary I think the answer is as simple (hopefully) as adding light(s) to your device name 

i.e. porch lights works, bedroom (blank) does not 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:3 out of 4 Switches not working with Alex voice control
2021-03-11 22:37:42

@MikeandMary 

Can you post image of the 'settings' in Alexa for the devices that do not respond? (also compare with the one that does, look for discrepancies) 

You gave each one a unique name I presume? 

e.g.

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-03-12 00:11:25

@MikeandMary Here are the settings for all of the switches. The only one that works is porch lights. If i say for example,  Alexa, turn on the kitchen, Alexa says, kitchen doesn't support that.

Options
Re:3 out of 4 Switches not working with Alex voice control-Solution
2021-03-12 00:22:44 - last edited 2021-03-12 13:52:35

@MikeandMary I think the answer is as simple (hopefully) as adding light(s) to your device name 

i.e. porch lights works, bedroom (blank) does not 

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-12 00:31:48

@MikeandMary Brilliant!! I just tried it and it works great. I can't thank you enough for helping me out. Stellar effort.

Mike

Options
2021-03-12 00:40:53

@MikeandMary Our girl Alexa can be really fickle :) 

I have a water recirculation pump by company called Chilipepper - My Show device responds to turn on Chlipepper - if I tell it from another room on one of the Echo Dots it wants to play music by red hot chilipeppers but since I don't have a subscription, says here's some music you may like laugh

I had to add 'pump' so it would turn on from any Alexa device

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 5

Related Articles