HS200 Trigger Scene (Master OFF switch)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 21:36:26
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I want to setup an HS200 as a master OFF switch.

Essentially, when it's time to go to bed, hit the HS200 and all the lights turn off. 

I can create a group of lights and assign it to an HS200 but it acts as an all on or all off. So if I have some lights on and others off, and I want to turn everything off, I have to tap once to turn all the lights on and tap again to turn everything off, where I just want it to turn everything off. 

I can setup a scene to turn all the lights off but the scene can only be operated from the app. 

Would be great if you can assign a scene to an HS200.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 Trigger Scene (Master OFF switch)
2021-03-23 18:39:34

@Yipnet 

If you have SmartThings, you can try to create a custom automation to see if that may work.

You first need to have SmartThings setup with Kasa. Here is a guide on how to do that: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2556/

In SmartThings go to the three-lined menu > SmartApps > Add SmartApp > Smart Lighting > New Lighting Automation > Set all devices you want to control.

Set "What do you want to do?" to "Turn Off"

Set "Select Trigger" to "Switch"

Set "Which switch?" to your "main" switch

Set "Turn off when" set to "Turned Off"

You can untick the "Turn on as well" if you only want it to turn off.

Options
Re:HS200 Trigger Scene (Master OFF switch)
2021-03-23 20:20:03

@Tony 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That actually did the trick, the only tweak I had to do is actually create 2 automations, so the switch is just used as a trigger, where one of the automation has "Turn Off when Off" and the other has "Turn Off when On". This turns off the lights regardless of the (on/off) state of the HS200.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 2