USB Cloud Storage Keeps Prompting for Login Credentials

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-29 21:58:01
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I have a 2TB portable hard drive connected to my new TP-Link Archer AX3000 router.  I was successful at setting up and connecting to this storage via web page FTP link.  The setup gave it a drive letter G: which is fine.  The problem is, when I enable "Access Authorization" so that anyone accessing the drive has to enter a user name and password, this prompt is given repeatedly for each folder and each file.  I just want access authorization one time to access the hard drive.  Once in, users should not be prompted again and again for the username and password.  If I remove access authorization, then anyone with the FTP address can access the drive without a user name or password and that's a security threat.  So what do I need to change so that access authorization is only required to the initial access of the drive?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 262

Replies: 0

Related Articles