Two HS210s, only one works.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 05:10:32
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Tried installing my second 3 way switch for my stairway light with another HS210. It lets me go through the setup process but then shuts off. No white ring light, Wi-Fi indicator, nothing. Have it hooked up to the neutral wire. Switched the HS210s around and each one acts the same in that location. The location is at the top of the stairs in a two gang setup with a separate 3 way switch for a different light. Any ideas why it won't stay on and work in sync with the other HS210?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two HS210s, only one works.
2021-04-06 16:01:32

@Sagravius Ensure you are connecting it at the 'line' end of the chain - that is the switchbox that the power coming from the breaker comes into. The 'load' end is the one that goes to the light fixture. 

The 'line' wire will have power regardless of the position of the 'other' switch (with breaker on of course) 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 1

Related Articles