Switch gets power, wiring is good, but it doesn't turn the light on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 12:56:45
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I successfully installed one dimmer in a gangbox of 3 dimmers and a toggle switch.  It linked to wifi fine and worked as expected.  After installing a second HS200, which also worked fine, the first switch stopped controlling the light.  It gets power from the common wire and all the wiring seems intact.  The app and the the switch seem to think it is controlling the light in that you can make adjustments and the lights signifying the intensity of the dimmer work and can be adjusted.  However the lights don't turn on.  

Again, the wiring is fine.  Thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Switch gets power, wiring is good, but it doesn't turn the light on
2021-04-20 19:49:38

@ayen Just a quick check first - in your device type and also in your post you refer to HS200 - but then say that you installed three dimmers in there 
The Kasa Dimmer Device is an HS220 

I think this is just typo but just to be sure that you indeed have HS220 devices.  

The most likely explanation is that you have potentially confused the Line and the Load connections. 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
Re:Switch gets power, wiring is good, but it doesn't turn the light on
2021-04-26 12:02:51

The problem may be a loose connection or a tripped wall outlet on the same circuit. The first thing you'll need to do is turn off power to the light switch before handling it.

दो इंसानों को अलग करने का मंत्र

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1196

Replies: 2