Issue with 3 ways switches HS210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-24 19:53:30
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I have installed the switches and the wiring seems correct as they work perfectly in manual mode.

Tap Switch A -> Lights On

Tap Switch A -> Lights Off

Tap Switch A -> Lights On

Tap Switch B -> Lights Off

Tap Switch B -> Lights On

Tap Switch A -> Lights Off

The issue is that every command given in the Mobile App has to be given twice to be effective.

So I have to give two "Power On" commands to be effective, then the "Power Off" twice to turn it off.

Power On -> Lights Off

Power On -> Lights On

Power Off -> Lights On

Power Off -> Lights Off

And so on, This is very annoying when using vocal assistants e.g. Google Home or Alexa.

Has anyone faced the same issue and eventually fixed it? 

Thank you

A.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with 3 ways switches HS210
2021-04-25 06:55:26

@ABx See the sticky thread on the HS210 Tutorial - Only install a SINGLE HS210 and leave the load-end switch as a 'dumb' switch. That will greatly simplify things for you PLUS give an additional free switch to use on another circuit! 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-05-02 17:13:54

@Bethel.8009 

Thanks - what kind of switch should I install as "dumb" one? A regular switch?

That would not be ideal as it would show two different switches styles in the same room

Options
2021-05-02 21:00:25

ABx wrote

.... what kind of switch should I install as "dumb" one? A regular switch?

@ABx - what do you have now, an older style toggle switch or a newer Decora Rocker/paddle type? 

If you install a Decora Style it should look very similar to the Kasa (other than the little LED) 

There are lots of different brands available as well as shades of white! 

Leviton and Legrand are two that appear to be a good match aesthetically even when used in the same 2 or 3 gang as the Kasa 

It does of course have to be a 3-way switch 

This is one I have personally used - https://www.amazon.com/Legrand-Pass-Seymour-TM873WCC-Paddle-Switch/dp/B000BQUUVC/

From this thread , @Senior_Vagabond used Levition and seemed satisfied with the match. 

HD should carry that - cheap enough so you can try & see how you like it. 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 3

Related Articles