connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connectivity issues
connectivity issues
2021-04-26 16:50:22
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

anyone have issues connecting yhis switch. i had an electrician install the switch. the connection cycle goes fine but will not connect.

Options
6 Reply
Re:connectivity issues
2021-04-26 17:41:38

@KAC A little more info please 

Are you saying that you have issues with it not connecting to your Local Network? Ever, or intermittently? 

You suggest 'the connection cycle goes fine' but 'does not connect' not sure what you mean by that - can you see the switch in the App? 

Does your Switch at least manually control your light properly? i.e. does physically operating the switch turn it on & off? 

You have adequate wifi signal in the location where your switch is installed? 

Where in the connection process does it fail? 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-26 22:00:28

@Bethel.8009 

Yes, it seems to run through the connection process, but continually says cnt connect. i followed all the steps they recommend but with the same results. my wifi is strong so am at a loss. no vpn running(whatever that is). 

Options
2021-04-26 22:04:33

@Bethel.8009 

the switch works fine manually. it never comes up with a specific switch in my device listing. but when trying to connect it is listed as smart switch. hopefully this is a little more clear. it says unable to connect to your smart switch wi-Fi.

Options
2021-04-26 23:23:58 - last edited 2021-04-26 23:25:08

@KAC You are connecting with a 2.4GHz wifi? 

Do you see the TPLink device in your Wifi Settings on your phone, when you  reach that stage of the pairing? And does your phone say it has connected to that after you select it? 

(it should say connected, no internet or something similar) 

This is the stage just before you put your Local Network WiFi details in ..... 

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-04-27 00:27:34

@Bethel.8009 yes on the 2.4  when i put the t-p link in the wifi selection is when i get not connected to internet. when i put home network in selector it goes through the cycle of trying to connect but says unable to connect to th t-p link.

Options
2021-04-27 03:36:24

KAC wrote

@Bethel.8009 ... when i put the t-p link in the wifi selection is when i get not connected to internet.

@KAC .'not connected to internet' would be correct at that stage - you must accept that condition so it remains connected to the tplink Access Point

I'm not sure if that's where your process is breaking down but just to at least clarify that element

The process is first creating a connection between your phone & the device (no internet involved here - just a one to one link) then with your link established you input your wifi info & it sends that to the device  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 6

Related Articles