HS2xx Wall Paltes, 2, 3, 4, and 5 gang

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-02 14:29:48

I have about 6 Kasa Smart Switches/Dimmers. I only bought these as a test to see if they will be a good fit for my home to replace my current Z-Wave setup. These are fantastic smart switches and would love to replace all of my current Z-Wave switches and outlets with these. However, the lack of 2, 3,4, and 5 gang wall plate is a deal breaker for me to buy more and may consider alternatives to this platform. I know that others have mentioned various third party wall plates, but there are some issue with these. One, the colors simply do not match and my ODC is going to have a field day with this. I have bought several wall plates to test and none of them look correct. Yes, I bought the ones suggested on this forum as well. Second, none of them are flush with the switch. The switch seems to be recessed and no adjustments appear to correct this as the switch is flush with the inside of the wall plate. So, one would need to shave down either the back of the wall plate or the front of the switch mount to achieve a flush look. Most, if not all third party wall plates have an second mount/adapter that needs to be installed so that their screw less plate will attach. TP-Link's plate does not, which is a great designed by the way.

I seriously wish TP-Link would produce additional wall plates in 2, 3,4, and 5 gang versions. Do not assume that third party wall pates are an option for you to not produce additional plates for your product. They simply look horrible and will mitigate future revenue. People like a complete product and this is not by any means complete.  Please produce additional wall plates in 2, 3,4, and 5 gang versions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS2xx Wall Paltes, 2, 3, 4, and 5 gang
2021-05-05 20:13:22

@TPVader2000 

I agree totally and had the same issue with installing them next to each other and even worse sandwiched between 1 or 2 dumb switches in a 2-3 gang box. I just had to live with the crappy look (I used screw-on plates) and still have a couple that I can not get lined up for all screws to fit. I love the product but not the way they look in a multi-gang box. crying

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 906

Replies: 1

Related Articles