KC200 Discontinued?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC200 Discontinued?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KC200 Discontinued?
KC200 Discontinued?
2021-06-11 11:24:00

I was looking to purchase a new KC200 for my home amd I noticed that a few retailers listed the KC200 as discontinued or backordered.  And the retailers that have the item in stock, the price has risen exponentially.  $192.77 is currently the best price on Amazon.  There are no devices that are currently offered on Amazon that are sold by Amazon.  They are all third party vendors.  

CDW - Backordered 

B&H Photo - Discontinued

Is this true? 

Does TP-Link plan on replacing it with another outdoor camera?

Options
9 Reply
Re:KC200 Discontinued?
2021-06-17 15:56:39

@Tiredolddog 

With other previous products if a model is discontinued it will have an end of life tag like the KC100: https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/security-cameras

So far there has not been any news of the model being discontinued, but I would check the site periodically.

Options
2021-06-20 21:11:30

@Tiredolddog i think i'm interested

Options
2021-06-22 07:53:40

The news of KC200 discontinued is not true , I have purchased this and there is nothing like this happened . how to break up with someone you love

Options
2021-07-13 17:37:45

@Tiredolddog 

I was also looking for this info after noticing that the price jumped to over 2x-3x its price from when I first bought it last year, as much as $300+. Was hoping to buy a couple more but now I'm looking for alternatives.

Options
2021-08-02 21:52:38

@Tiredolddog Also looking for another KC200.  I have 3 and want to add one more. The Kasa site routes me to Amazon when I click BUY but there are no buying options on Amazon.  Maybe its not officially discontinued but if I can't buy one, it might as well be...  Anybody know of other outdoor cameras that would be compatible with the Kasa app? 

Options
2022-02-26 10:37:45

@Tiredolddog  yup it's True, discontinued. All Kasa by the looks. 

I'm in the process of leaving Kaza. Easily 50 devices with 5 being cameras. It's a real sham as I think it's a great platform and set of device's.  I'm sure they will be supported on the app for a couple more years but really disappointed that no notification was given and Kasa not compatible with new tapo range. When you can't get replacement hardware if a device fails your start to have a miss match ecosystem.  So eventually all kasa kit will be scrap. 

Options
2022-03-02 20:06:17

@DannyB28 

Who told you Kasa was discontinued?  I know in the UK they annouced that and I can't speak on their plans but in the US this isn't the case.  We have no current plans to discontinue Kasa in the states.  The KC200 in an EOL product but we do have a new wired camera available the KC420WS.  Kasa is important to us and a well establish brand in the US with no plans to discontinued.  We in fact will be lauching new products including a doorbell through out 2022. 

Options
2022-03-02 21:32:39 - last edited 2022-03-02 21:34:55

@Carl 

Great to hear you value US customers and don't care about UK customers?   I am in the UK and was waiting on the doorbell.  But now have sold up all my kasa devices in fear that if one breaks I will not be able to replace it.  I have been forced to change what I thought was a great platform and hardware.  Now moved to Google Nest at great expense. 

Let's be honest, TP-Link has a global strategy and much speculation about the end of Kasa and move to Tapo in the states also.   The KC420 and the doorbell was also listed as coming soon on the UK site before it was pulled.

Options
2022-03-03 00:07:20

@DannyB28 

While TP-Link is a global company, every region is seperate.  This seperation includes support, warranties, and product stategy.  Even this particular community is specifcally for the US region.  Product avaialblity is always determined by the region's local team.  I cannot provide you any clarity on the state of the Kasa product line in the UK but perhaps they can on our global community, which the UK region is part of.  You may also want to reach out to UK support to see if they can provide you further context.  UK support is avialable at support.uk@tp-link.com 

I wish i could give you more infromation and provide more context but the only infromation available to me is specific to the US. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3112

Replies: 9