Wiring HS200 switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wiring HS200 switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wiring HS200 switch
Wiring HS200 switch
2021-06-30 18:10:02
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I came across this wiring on my old switch, confused on how to rewire using new smart switch, can someone help from photo? 

I know to connect the green to the ground wire and to connect white wite to the other white wires in the wall(not shown in photo), but what about remaining 2 black wires? 

I'm left with 4 on old switch, 2 blacks on bottom left and right and 1 red and 1 black on top.  Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wiring HS200 switch
2021-06-30 19:47:13 - last edited 2021-06-30 19:54:00

@ADC_smarthome Is there 2 switches on the frount of the old switch, or only one switch?

If there is just one switch then the old switch is a 4way switch and can not be replaced by a Tp-link device.

If there are two switches then you have a dual switch and it can not be replaced by a tp-link device, unless the wall box has a two gang box with one not in use, then you can use two HS200's.

On second look at the picture I see 3 screw's on the old switch that means it is a 3way switch, and you then need a HS210.

The bottom two black wires would go to the common of the HS210.

The top black and red would go to the travelers of the HS210.

Options
Re:Wiring HS200 switch
2021-06-30 19:53:43

@B.Will Thank you for your reply.  It's just one switch, the switch is to a deck light.  But you just made me realize that there's a similar switch next to my other deck door, so I think these two switched both turn on and off the deck lights, so it must be a three way swich so the HS200 will not work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 2

Related Articles