HS210 - periodically loses WiFi & need to reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-14 14:23:59
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I had a bunch of Kasa switches installed: 5 dimmers, 3 single poles and 2 3-way's.  The 2 3-ways (HS210) were installed by electricians when they installed potlights for us and they're for two sets of lights with one HS210 switch + one dumb switch on each.  The HS210 switches work perfectly, but periodically they lose WiFi and I'd have to hit the reboot button on the bottom right to restore WiFi.  This happens about every 3-4 days.  The other single pole lights do not have this issue at all.  One of these switches is right next to our modem, so I doubt it's a range issue.  

Does this have to do with the single HS210 switch + dumb switch setup?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 - periodically loses WiFi & need to reboot
2021-07-14 16:46:08

@VRice11 I don't know if this will help solve your issue at all, but this happens to me as well. I've narrowed it down to a couple possible things on my personal set up. It's either due to the beam pattern of the access point (which I doubt), or the firmware stability of the 3 ways/dimmers. 

I have a 3 way set up on a stair case (one switch at the bottom, one at the top), and a dimmer around the corner from the bottom. I notice all three of those lose connection periodically, but rejoin the network usually within a minute. The access point is wall mounted near those switches and it's POSSIBLE the beam pattern isn't reaching them with a stable connection, but I ran several wifi diagnostic tests on various devices and there's next to zero signal degradation...so I don't know LOL. I just learned to deal with it. 

If your switches aren't joining back automatically, it leads me to believe it has to do with your router/modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 1