Kasa Smart App on Chromebook

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 17:30:58

Hello,

I have the Kasa Smart app installed on my Chromebook running ChromeOS Version 91.0.4472.147 (Official Build) (64-bit).  Everything was working fine up until a couple of days ago.  I can't be certian, but I think the problem may have started with my OS installed an update.  At first I was just having problems with my cameras.  The app would hang on a blank screen if I tried viewing any of my cameras.  Eventually, the entire app became unuseable, hanging when attempting to open.  I've tried clearing cache and storage and I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing I've tried has worked.  I've temporarily uninstalled the app until I can figure out what's going on.

Anybody else having issues running on Chrome OS?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart App on Chromebook
2021-07-19 10:24:29

@Nickp001  Hello, 

The Kasa app have IOS and Android version ( iOS 10 or above, Android 5.x or above), I'm afaid there isn't Chrome OS version Kasa app.

If you want to use Kasa app on Chromebook, you may try to look for Android Emulator which could work your Chrome OS. 

May I know what do you want to achieve to run Kasa app on Chromebook as well, thank you. 

Options
2021-07-23 13:26:05
I'm having the exact same issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still won't stream the camera feeds.
Options
2021-12-09 00:12:41

@Nickp001 Hi guys,

Would appreciate your help,

Looking for a new chromebook.

I only have a budget of £200 .

So not sure if there is much choice.

If possible something with the best processor and a decent screen. Not worried about memory as I use Google one.

Something with a good screen as my eye site is not great.

I was considering the Lenovo duet as it's on offer for £199.90.. but I have big hands and keyboard is small. Also screen is a little small.

I need it to have USB C aswell.

Please advise..I would like to order from Amazon UK over the black Friday sale as there is many good deals.

By the way I live in Japan but I'm from the UK, moving back there in December. That's why I'm ordering on Amazon UK. Incase anyone was wondering.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2437

Replies: 3

Related Articles