Granular user control for Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 17:51:57
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1234

For sake of my argument, consider that I own all devices, all versions, all firmware versions.  Its irrelevant.

I have kasa switches and outlets all over my house.  I have teens.  I need each teen to be able to control their room and, maybe, the outside lights.  Not the whole house or each other's.  Kasa doesn't allow for multiple users to be setup being given different controls in my house.  I've setup homebridge but can only see that I may need to have a homebridge instance for each teen.  This seems inefficient.  Putting aside the argument that I should've invested my money in something other than kasa, has anyone come up with a way to handle something as basic as multi-user control (something that has been around in the compute world for 50 years)?  Kasa/TP staff...perhaps don't answer.  I don't want some canned customer support response.  This thread is for your customers who you can't service...we're trying to help each other.  Yes, I'm bitter.  I'm $$$$ into this and it doesn't work for the most basic of uses.  

Anyone find a way around Kasa's inability to provide useful solutions or do I need to remove these, throw them in the garbage and buy something else?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 0