Unable to link TP-Link Kasa account to Google home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 21:34:08

I find myself in a bit of an odd position. I have a number of the KP115 smart plugs in the house all connected to the google home and controllable via the google home app. However; if I click on any of them in the google home app it shows as "Offline". 

TP-Link Kasa does not show up as a linked Linked Service either. 

I am really befuddled. Any advice? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to link TP-Link Kasa account to Google home
2021-07-26 03:05:05 - last edited 2021-07-26 03:05:38

@TheCajun 

Make sure KASA device can be remotely controlled at first: If turn off WIFI on your cell phone and use mobile data only, can you turn On/ Off KASA devices on KASA app?

If remote control is working on your smart device,  confirm Google APP is up-to-date, and relink Kasa device on Google :
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1534/

If you met trouble relink kasa device in Google home app, also share a photo with us and let us know your Google home app version , the model and OS of your phone,  thank you. 

Options
2021-07-26 20:23:56
What type of device are you using to set it up (iPhone, Android..etc)? In the app on your phone, can you control things locally? If so, you need to make sure your password and account is linked properly with google. In the assistant settings, add the service again in the “works with google” section. If not, make sure your network password is correct, and youre using a 2g wifi with ONLY WPA2 security. If that’s correct, you might have to reset the devices and re add them completely in the Kasa app. Please let me know if any of this works.
Options
2021-07-26 20:35:47

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

I have verified I can control the plugs via the Kasa app while disconnected from my wifi. 

Oddly, this issue goes away when I am not connected to my wifi. Even though TP-Link Kasa is not listed as a connected service, the Google home app does show it connects to the plugs so long as I am not on the network. 

If I try to link Google Home to my Kasa account I get this error. 

Options