Install 3 HS200 switches but 1 is not working, same cabling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-05 02:02:41

hi everyone, today I just install 3 HS200 switches, one controls a Fan, the other one controls the light on the Fan and the last one that is not working is connected to power on and off an outlet on the bedroom.
I was able to install and configured the first 2 but the last one that is connected the outlet is not working. The cabling on the box is the same. I have no status light on the switch and when I connected a lamp for example to the outlet the lamp turn on and off every second or so and the switch does the same.

I'm not sure if I have an issue with my neutral cable, or the switch might be faulty.

I had 3 neutral cables, one for each switch and this last one the cables where really tick, not sure if the wire nut is able to grab them all or what is the issue.

Has anyone experience this issue or any recommendation on what the issue might be?

Thanks and stay safe.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Install 3 HS200 switches but 1 is not working, same cabling
2021-08-05 20:12:04

@lhoffstadt You should not use this device to power an Outlet - your intention is to use for a light but recognize that any appliance could be inadvertently plugged into it that exceeds the rating of the switch 
That said can you please explain further the Neutral at that switch location - it should be merely a pass through, right? i.e. it wasn't connected to the switch? (which shouldn't be of course)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Related Articles