KS230 - Three Way Dimmer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KS230 - Three Way Dimmer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KS230 - Three Way Dimmer
KS230 - Three Way Dimmer
2021-08-08 04:41:12

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/smart-switch/ks230-kit/

When will these be released?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS230 - Three Way Dimmer
2021-08-16 18:10:37

@ViolinGuy: I'm a Systems Integrator and I like tp-link for it's hubless simplicity and low cost for small home automation systems. I've been waiting for a couple of years for this to come out. It was anounced earlier this year, then nothing. The tp web page has the product listed with as "Coming Soon" availability. The techs have no idea either. I'm not sure they know what soon means. But obviously, they're having some issues with it, or we would have seen it a long time ago. If that's the case, I'm good with waiting, because no one wants a buggy product. I'm sure they know it's a huge hole in their product line that is costing them sales. Most homes have at least one application for a 3-way dimmer, and not having this one product is pushing folks to other platforms, like Gosund, which has a complete line of smart switches, outlets, bulbs and more, so they can control all their lights with one management app. But I like tp and stay with them as much as I can to avoid the issues with hubs like the Samsung SmartHub meltdown. If you want to stay with tp, install the KS210 (without the dimmer feature) while you wait for product release. Then replace it with the 230 when it's available and move the 210 to another light (it doesn't have to be a 3-way) or sell it on eBay later (if you keep the box and packing materials). I'm sure they'll figure it out someday, hopefully soon!

ARE YOU LISTENING tp-link!  GET IT DONE!!!

Options
Re:KS230 - Three Way Dimmer
2021-08-22 17:20:47
Any updates?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2709

Replies: 2

Related Articles