Kasa switch time out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa switch time out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa switch time out
Kasa switch time out
2021-09-21 09:22:57
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I am controlling a heater an would like the switch to time out after a period of time.  Ideally this would work via both the app or if the switch is manually turned on.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa switch time out
2021-11-23 15:42:42

@LeeMK I am using Version 2.35.1 Build 977 of the Kasa app (on an iPhone).

There is a timer function, but it is very awkward to use: you have to turn on the switch (either manually, or via the app), then you have to select the switch in the app and select "Timer" at the bottom of the screen. Next, you have to set the timer to turn OFF (the default selection is ON) after a specific amount of time (the default time is 0 hrs, 30 min). Finally, you have to START the timer at the bottom of the screen. Note that starting the timer does NOT depend on whether or not the switch is already ON or OFF - it starts timing down right away.

I would like to have the ability to set a timer schedule so that a specific switch would turn off a specified amount of time after the it was turned on. To improve upon this, you should also be able to specify the days and/or time period that this function would operate.

Example:

Without setting a timer via the app and without using the app, I should be able to turn on my closet light via the smart switch. This would automatically start a timer (via the above-mentioned schedule) after which the switch would automatically turn OFF. So, say 5 minutes later, the closet light would automatically go out.

Of course, a better choice in this case may be to use a switch with an occupancy sensor built in, but it would be a simple matter of adding a feature to the app without the need to redesign the hardware. Plus, having options is always a good thing. TP-Link doesn't know how every end user will want to implement their smart switches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 601

Replies: 1

Related Articles