Actual "Instant" mode for Dimmer switches (HS220)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 14:36:32
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

We have a house full of smart devices, and decided on Kasa devices for any light switches we need. One thing that drives me crazy (and confuses our guests) is that the time between when you press the HS200/210 vs HS220 switches to the time the lights respond is multiple seconds.

For me, that means that in my bathroom, if I want to turn on my vanity and overhard lights, the vanity turns on instantly, and then a couple seconds later, the overhead lights. For our guests, they're constantly hitting a switch, thinking it didn't work, and then hitting it again.

We have all the dimmers set to "Instant", and have the Long and Double actions set to "None". Is there a way, or a planned firmware update, that will let me set them to a true "instant" mode so they act just like the HS200's? We have Home Assistant set up for when we need gradual transitions, so we just want the switches to... switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 0

Related Articles