Thinking of switching from Blink... thoughts?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-23 03:43:11

I have the Blink (from Amazon) camera system and doorbell.  Loading a live view takes too long, then often fails after waiting.  The motion detection starts late unless you have the sensitivity set high, in which case it goes off excessively and the batteries wear out quickly.  I'm interested in Kasa cameras due to the 24/7 live recording capability with an SD card.  How quickly does it load on alerts or when you try to pull up a live view?

Also, I noticed the 24/7 is only on indoor cameras... does anyone know of any plans for the same on outdoor models?  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Thinking of switching from Blink... thoughts?
2021-11-23 18:39:19

@jrtxun 

Its hard to say as it depends on several factors, but I say from personal experaince having several of our cameras the response is quite quick.  usually within 1-2 seconds of the motion or person detection. 

We are also working on a outdoor wired 24/7 camera that should be releasing sometime in Q1 of 2022.  That model is the KC420WS.  Keep an eye out on KasaSmart.com for more details. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 1

Related Articles