suitable range extender for the Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-14 20:15:32 - last edited 2021-12-15 20:31:41
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought a single Deco X90 and i like to buy one range extender.  Which range extenders are compatible with the X90 please?

I think the Deco M3W might be one product, but it does not have Wifi 6.  I am wondering if the RE505X or the RE605X might be a better option.

i need to order this by tomorrow, so if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:suitable range extender for the Deco X90-Solution
2021-12-14 22:20:16 - last edited 2021-12-15 20:31:41

@Paristhea 

Range Extenders do not properly work with Deco Mesh.  To expand Deco Mesh you need another Deco device.  Any model will do you just want to make sure the highest feature model is you base unit (unit connecte to ISP equipment)  While techincally range extenders can connect to the wireless of a Deco, they cannot join the mesh so it would not be a seemless connect, even if you gave the extender the same SSID it would still be a seperate AP and could create connectivity issues.  for an X90 system i would recommend a tri-band Deco

Deco W7200

Deco X90

Deco M9 Plus

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:suitable range extender for the Deco X90-Solution
2021-12-14 22:20:16 - last edited 2021-12-15 20:31:41

@Paristhea 

Range Extenders do not properly work with Deco Mesh.  To expand Deco Mesh you need another Deco device.  Any model will do you just want to make sure the highest feature model is you base unit (unit connecte to ISP equipment)  While techincally range extenders can connect to the wireless of a Deco, they cannot join the mesh so it would not be a seemless connect, even if you gave the extender the same SSID it would still be a seperate AP and could create connectivity issues.  for an X90 system i would recommend a tri-band Deco

Deco W7200

Deco X90

Deco M9 Plus

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 1

Related Articles