Kasa smart switches and smart plugs flapping on wifi after router patch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 15:26:30
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I'm having an issue with all my kasa smart switches and smart plugs (multiple versions, all firmware up to date) and router patches.  I have an ASUS AX88U router on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_44266 dated mid 2021 and it works fine.  However if I upgrade the router to any newer version of the firmware all my tp-link smart devices begin intermittently dropping their wifi connections.  Generally the connections are dropped every few seconds to every few minutes.  

I've tried reseting the devices, resetting and reconfiguring the router on current firmware, and disabling 5ghz radio and I always get the same symptoms.  All my other devices work fine on upgraded router firmware, it is ONLY the tp-link devices that are failing on current firmware.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa smart switches and smart plugs flapping on wifi after router patch
2022-02-21 13:41:32

Hi @JoeSchmoe    

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to reply you late. 

Not knowing if your problem has been solved or not. According to some customers feedback, they encounter the same issue and solve it by upgrading firmware of Asus router to the latest one. 

May I know have you tried this latest firmware of your ASUS AX88U router? If not, please try to upgrade and see what will happen. 

https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-Gaming-Routers/RT-AX88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

BTW, do you know whether Asus has received such feedback from users? What do they suggest?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 1