CES 2022 Smart Home Highlights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-07 22:25:38 - last edited 2024-01-04 23:45:29

It's that time of year again – the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is upon us, and this year TP-Link, already a leader in Smart Home industry, intends to further expand our offers by introducing the Tapo product line to the US.  With this addition, Tapo help will further cement our leadership in providing best in class products to meet your everyday needs.

Tapo incorporates everything you already love from TP-Link’s Kasa line and expands on it with new offerings like sensors and thermostats.  With these additions your home becomes smarter, and you gain greater control of the world around you.  So, let’s start off with those NEW offerings:

Tapo H100 IoT Hub:  Connect up to 64 total devices to a single hub.  With smart alarm and doorbell alerts and 19 distinct ringtones.  Note: The H100 IoT Hub is required to make use of Tapo Smart Sensor offerings.

TP-Link

Tapo T100 smart motion sensor:  This little marvel, powered by a CR2450 battery, provides a 120-degree field of view and at distances of 3, 5, and 7 meters.  The T100 comes with 3M self-adhesive strips and magnets, so you have robust installation options.  It also supports Smart Actions, adjustable awareness zones, and instant notifications.  H100 IoT Hub is required.

TP-Link

Tapo T110 smart contact sensor:  This sensor, powered by a CR2032 battery, monitors the opening of any door or window where a contact point can be broken.  Equipped with 3M adhesive, the T110 can be mounted to virtually any surface.  Supporting instant notifications and smart actions, as well as a low battery alert, you can have peace of mind that your home or belongings are always being monitored.  H100 IoT Hub is required.

TP-Link

Tapo T300 smart water leak sensor:  If you own a home, you know that one of the worst things that can happen is a water leak.  You pray you catch it in time to minimize the damage and hope your insurance company covers it.  With the T300 that hope is more of a reality.  This sensor features two detection points on top and bottom, catching not only dripping but also immersion.  A built in 90 DB alarm will ensure you know when a leak is immediately detected.  It also provides real time notifications via the Tapo app and is IP66 rated.  This feature-rich sensor requires only 2 AAA batteries for power. H100 IoT Hub is required.

TP-Link

The Tapo S200D smart remote dimmer switch:  This little gadget is a remote switch that can be programed for 3 separate actions using a tap, double tap, and rotation.  You can control different lights or plugs with each action as well.  Including an SOS, smart actions and a long battery life, the S200D is the remote button you have been waiting for.

TP-Link

The Tapo E200 smart thermostat:  This little beauty is our version of a smart thermostat for your home.  Compatible with 3H2C HVAC systems., it boasts an auto-bright screen, the ability to set timers and schedules through the Tapo app and voice controls with the big 3 (Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit).  Other features include precise temperature control and a Follow-Me mode that uses remote sensors to automatically adjust the temperature in occupied rooms.  The E200 also connects directly to your home’s wireless network, so no hub is required.

TP-Link

Tapo T315 smart temperature and humidity monitor:  with a 2.5-inch screen this monitor displays, in real time, the temperature and humidity with an accuracy of +/- 0.54 degrees F, +/- 3% RH and a 3s refresh time.  Temperature detection range is from -4 degrees to 140 degrees F and 0-100% RH humidity.  You can also record up to 2 years of data and download into an annual report, all for free.  Using international standard settings for temperature and humidity in the US the T315 will display different facial expressions to indicate comfort levels.  The T315 has multiple installation methods and is powered on 2 – CR2450 batteries. H100 IoT Hub is required.

TP-Link

So that all helps make your home smarter but what about safer?  Well, TP-Link has you covered there as well.  Adding to our line of already impressive home, cloud-based cameras, TP-Link plans to offer the following new products.

Tapo C220:  This camera, designed for indoor use, is a 360-degree panoramic camera.  Featuring an impressive 2K 4MP resolution, 2-way audio and equipped with smart detection and notifications.  The camera also provides sound and light alarms, as well as a full color night vision mode.  Want a bit of privacy?  No problem – with the Tapo C220’s physical lens cover, the camera’s lens is completely covered when privacy mode is enabled.  The C220 can also generate a panoramic view by taking photographs of the surrounding environment.  Additionally, new to our camera line is support of voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.

TP-Link

Not looking for something with pan/tilt mobility?  Take a look at the Tapo C120.  This camera is a static position camera with a 2K 4MP resolution.  The C120 supports 2-way Audio, full color night vision mode, smart detections and notifications, as well as sound and light alarms.  It also supports voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and a unique gesture control feature.  Gesture control lets you control the camera with simple gestures.  No Hub required.

TP-Link

That protects the inside of your home but what about outside?  Introducing the Tapo C720.  This outdoor camera supports an impressive 2K 4MP resolution with 140-degree field of view.  It also features a motion detecting flood light feature, utilizing a PIR-bases sensor with a 270-degree field of view.  The C720’s flood lights are dimmable and have a brightness of up to 2500 Lumens.  The lights can also have their angle adjusted, ensuring you are only lighting where you want.  Smart detection and notifications are also standard on the C720.  No Hub required.

TP-Link

Not big on wires?  No worries, TP-Link has you covered with the Tapo C420S2.  This is a battery-operated, wire-free camera with a 4MP resolution, and featuring a starlight full color night vision mode.  The C420S2 comes with 2 cameras and a hub.  It is IP65 water and dust resistant and has a rechargeable battery that last up to 3-6 months depending on use.

TP-Link

Thanks for taking a minute to see just a sample of what TP-Link has in store for our customers in 2022!

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
4 Reply
Re:CES 2022 Smart Home Highlights
2022-01-16 17:52:28

@Carl 

Will there be T100 smart motion sensor, T110 smart contact sensor available for Kasa or will these products work with Kasa devices example use T100 smart motion sensor to create a smart action to turn on Kasa switch or do we have to buy Tapo switch?

Options
2022-01-17 17:56:27

@Aravot 

At this time there is no plan for Kasa brands smart sensors for the US region.  As to your question if the Tapo Sensors will work with Kasa products I can't say at this time.  I hope that is part of the plan but this is not part of the information currently available for the Support Team.  

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2022-01-18 00:28:05

@Carl , this is just a rant and not towards you, maybe you can pass it on, I just don't understand why companies do this kind of things and not sticking to one brand name, don't understand the purpose of Tapo brand.

I purchased Z-Wave window/door contact sensors and Z-Wave motion sensor and wanted to buy and replace my switches with Z-Wave switches but found out without hub can't control them, so decided instead of Z-Wave switches I buy Kasa switches which can be controlled form app but Kasa line doesn't have motion sensor or contact senor, these are release under Tapo brand, why I don't get it, what are Kasa customers suppose to do?

Since Tapo brand has switches should I consider Tapo line instead of Kasa, do you have pro and cons of Tapo vs Kasa?

Options
2022-01-18 18:00:28

@Aravot 

I wish I could answer these questions for you in great detail but even being a support supervisor I don't have all of the information.  Most of the time these types of descisons are above the paygrade as we used to say in the military.  Kasa and Tapo products are very similar and share many of the same features.  I have experiance with both and I can't say which is better or not but I can say both lines are quality.  One thing I can say is that with the Tapo line we have learned a lot about the misteps we had when we first launched Kasa so that those concerns are repeated and being with TP-Link now for 6 years I can safely say I do not see the Kasa customers being left in the dark.  Right now I am being told that Kasa line isn't going anywhere. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 889

Replies: 4

Related Articles