TP-Link A19 Bulb does not turn on at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-10 09:10:19 - last edited 2022-01-10 09:11:41
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 
I recently bought the KL130  smart wifi bulbs, I previously had a WYZE bulb (A19, 120v 60hz), and I tried to replace it with this bulb which is also an A19, 120v 60hz bulb. However, when I screw it in, it does not work properly, it does not turn on at all. It is super weird, because I will go into another lamp, and I will plug in the TP-link bulb and the WYZE bulb, and they both will work, but the TP-link one will not work in the lamp that I have on my table. I have tried to plug the lamp into a different wall socket, I have tried to slowly place the bulb into the lamp to make sure that its seeded properly, and im out of ideas. 

Does anyone have any advice that could help me in this situation? 

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link A19 Bulb does not turn on at all
2022-01-11 00:23:34

@ecorosa 

If the Kasa bulb was working on a different fixture or lamp than it could be the input draw on the lamp.  The bulb requires 10.5 Watts.  Some lamps are designed to work with 3-way bulbs and your lamp could be set to the low setting.  Try to click it once or twice and see if the bulb works with it then. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 1