Votes

Homey Support for Kasa Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 19:53:31
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Would love to see proper, official Kasa support in Homey.  I've made a decent invesment in Kasa products and was suprised to see a rather minimal number of them usable currently by Homey.  Surprising as it seems like a good fit philosophically and also because it shouldn't take much to extend support beyond what is already there to include the rest of at least the switch and LED product lines. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Homey Support for Kasa Devices
2022-01-12 01:03:50

@AndrewV 

Homey is a 3rd party application and from what I can tell is more of a home brew application.  compatibility looks to be based on the APIs of the Kasa products and as such is not official support.  At this time we are only offering support with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Samsung SmartThings.  We also have one product currently working with Apple HomeKit and that is the KP125.  

Beyond this we do not have official support for compatiblity with any other 3rd party.  

Options
2022-01-12 01:25:23

@Carl  thanks very much for the quick response.  Homey is much more then a home brew app.  Hopefully this position will change in the future. i really like the kasa products but will need to look to solutions with broader ecosystems and greater interoperability going forward. 

Options
2022-01-12 01:59:40

@AndrewV 

Its potential, but collaborations often have a lot more involved with them then most of us think.  Engineering, testing, cost, all have to be considered.  That said this has been given to the QA and design team to evaluate. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.