Record video data in 24/7 mode to microSD card only, no cloud upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-21 12:45:16
Model: KC105  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.9

I would like to collect video data 24/7 on microSD using the KC105 (or alternatively other models such as KC400). However, I cannot allow video data to be streamed to cloud (due to privacy and HIPAA). I do not have the cloud subscription.

Can I somehow obtain a guarantee that video data is not streamed to cloud while I am not accessing video data from the Kasa app?

Or can I disable video data upload entirely?

My alternative solution is to disable Wi-Fi while recording, but it seems that video data recording is not resumed if power recycles while not connected to internet (have described this in a separate thread).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Record video data in 24/7 mode to microSD card only, no cloud upload
2022-01-21 23:00:42

@Timocaster 

Actually that is how the 24/7 recording works, at least as long as you do not subscribe to a cloud storage plan.  If you only use the SD 24/7 storage then content will only load on the SD card.  You won't even see activty clip in the activity section of the app as this only for cloud storage.  You need to click on the livestream option then tap on the 24/7 recording button to view these records.  And/or put the SD card in your PC. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 1

Related Articles