Future of Kasa Ecosystem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Future of Kasa Ecosystem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Future of Kasa Ecosystem
Future of Kasa Ecosystem
2022-02-01 06:02:19

The future of Kasa's ecosystem looks very questionable at this point. No new product introductions at CES, no promotions, lack of email distributions, no web page updates, no ads, and rumors swarming on social media that Kasa will discontinue the line and sunset the system in early 2022. Is this true?  Will you stop support?  

I personally have thousands of dollars invested in the installation of Kasa. In the US only a licensed electrician can legally install switches in a building, and that costs big bucks, and that's outside of how much I paid for Kasa's switches, plugs, bulbs, power strips, and even tablets to run the app in my multiple properties.  The project wasn't even finished until just a few weeks ago. These devices depend on cloud support, app support, security updates to the firmware, as well as Alexa and Google integration support.  If any or all of that is support is stopped, the usefulness of the entire system is compromised, or worse, for all practical purposes the system would be unusable. Meaning I would have to replace all my new Kasa devices with real switches or another product. 

Now I'm deeply concerned the Kasa product line is already discontinued, and TP-Link has not disclosed this information. While I understand it's well within TP-Link's legal rights via the user agreement to fully stop support at anytime, I will say, if you take that option, it will not only do major damage to TP-Link's brand, but the market for all home automation products, including Tapo. The right thing to do today is make a formal declaration of TP-Link's plans for the Kasa product line. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Future of Kasa Ecosystem
2022-02-01 17:59:17

@AutomationMan 

We have addressed this on a previous thread. I cannot speak for other regions but in the US TP-Link does not have any plans in the foreseeable future to discontinue the Kasa product line.  We did show a few Kasa products such as the KD110 at CES and still have several Kasa products on the 2022 roadmap.  Kasa is a well established and improtant product line for TP-Link and current plans do support it continuing at least for the foresable future. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 1

Related Articles