How to remove a "ghost" device from network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 14:56:59 - last edited 2022-03-07 21:30:28
Model: Archer C900  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a "ghost" device (old VIZIO monitor, removed a long time ago) on my network that I want to eliminate from my Windows 10 home network.  I cannot find any way to get rid of it either in Windows 10 Pro or from the http://tplinkwifi.net site.  I have both the IP and MAC addresses for that device.

How can I remove the reference to that device?

Whoops!  

What I thought was an artifact of when I was using that VIZIO tv as a wired monitor for my outdoor security camaras, is infact a current live wi-fi signal.  I had used it on my home network for awhile, but later removed it from the network and cabled it directly to the wireless receiver for the security cams.  Now that I know that it is broadcasting to my Archer C900 router, I should be able to figure out how to remove it and stop it from showing up on some of my desktop pc monitors (four in all).  

This issue seems to be solved in that it is not a "ghost" on the network, but an unwanted live signal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 0

Related Articles