Multiple Locations (Homes) in different time zones.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-08 16:51:56
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: Latest

So I have a home in FL, with all kind of Kasa products, smart outlet, smart switches, cameras. Everything perfect. 

Now I have a second home in CO, different time zone. Once again I found that kasa fails to manage more than one home.

Everything works, I mean, I can connect devices to the new wifi in CO, in fact I had some devices in my RV and when traveling, etc. I had no issues. 

BUT. the kasa APP ask for location. You set your location and your time zone. and based on that, will change time on all devices. SO. camera will show incorrect time if you are in another time zone that the camera is. AND when you set and schedule for example for the smartswitches to turn on in dawn, will use the "dawn" time for the timezone that you used at the app. 

Is there a way that I can manage 2 homes, in different time zones? 

I mean, kasa hardware is nice, worked for me and saved me a lot of trouble, app is ok too. Some glitches but works as intended. I would just love to have the option to have a second home, like 99% of the smart apps has (even the horrible smart things from samsung has it). 

Also helps with the alexa integration so when I say turn on patio lights wont turn on the one in another state. 

Thanks for any tip!

Options

Information

Helpful: 24

Views: 735

Replies: 0