Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa; Dimming does not work via Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa; Dimming does not work via Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 16:18:02 - last edited 2022-03-11 03:43:46
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa (app and voice-command with Echo); Dimming does not work via Alexa (app and voice)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa; Dimming does not work via Alexa-Solution
2022-03-10 15:14:57 - last edited 2022-03-11 03:43:46

@asdasdasdasdasd Try deleting the device in the Kasa App and rediscovering and see it works after that.

I think there may have been a TPLink Cloud issue over the last few days (see my post on that for my own situation - which in my case the devices were completely unresponsive in Alexa even though working normally in Kasa App)

It's somewhat odd that you can still turn on/off but not dim - in the Device on the Alexa App, do you actually see the dimming control, it just won't do anything? 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa; Dimming does not work via Alexa-Solution
2022-03-10 15:14:57 - last edited 2022-03-11 03:43:46

@asdasdasdasdasd Try deleting the device in the Kasa App and rediscovering and see it works after that.

I think there may have been a TPLink Cloud issue over the last few days (see my post on that for my own situation - which in my case the devices were completely unresponsive in Alexa even though working normally in Kasa App)

It's somewhat odd that you can still turn on/off but not dim - in the Device on the Alexa App, do you actually see the dimming control, it just won't do anything? 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa; Dimming does not work via Alexa
2022-03-10 15:38:57
Try deleting the device in the Kasa App and rediscovering and see it works after that.

@DEcosse That worked for me.  Fixed in Alexa.  Thx.

(I'd like to keep everything local in HomeAssistant, but too advanced for me atm.)

Options
Re:Dimmer works via Kasa app; Power on/off works via Alexa; Dimming does not work via Alexa
2022-05-03 06:34:42

@DEcosse 

I am having this issue as well. I've deleted the switch from Alexa as well as the Kasa app and still cannot get it to dim using Alexa. Any additional help is appreciated. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 3

Related Articles