No IFTTT triggers for a brand new Camera?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-16 21:49:47
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

Wow - I was trying to get a trigger for my new Kasa Camera - when a person is detected on the camera to email/text me - WHAT, we can't do that?  Why not?  You notify me every time the wind blows("Motion detected"), but I cannot see when a real person is on my porch??

Likely sending this camera back for one I can get important updates from.

I love my KASA smart switches, but the cameras are way behind.....

Options
3 Reply
Re:No IFTTT triggers for a brand new Camera?
2022-03-16 21:57:41

@RogerEC 

HI Roger,  

Full IFTTT integration is extremely expensive and as such at this time TP-Link only supplies customers with action intergration.  We do not have plans to expand into Triggers either.   However, your cameras can intergrate with your phone's built in notification system to notify you of detection.  While its not a text/chat it does provide the same results, notifing you when something is detected.  

Options
2022-03-16 22:24:37

@Carl 

Thanks for the quick reply - The motion notifications are not helpful.  I have dialed down the area and lowered the sensitivity.  

Any way to just get person detected?

Options
2022-03-17 00:50:13

@RogerEC 

Hi Roger,

Actually yes, but it depends on the camera.  Go into the camera's settings and then notifications and you can specifically choose what type of notifications you want to receive.  Now I actually have the KC410S as well so I can confirm for this camera you can set just Person Detection .

f6ae023001b2423a938a290f1c33e3e7

Options