HS200 smart switch lost connection - Device Unreachable in Kasa ap

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-23 06:37:57 - last edited 2022-03-24 00:53:53

I have a number of TP-link switches and outlets on my home Wi-Fi network which I control from my KASA app when I am not at home. I am not at home and one by one the devices are losing connectivity to the cloud after running well for 3 months.

I have checked the network the devices are on and they are showing their ports are active on the LAN when probed with nmap. They are also following their preset programs. But one by one they appear to be losing connectivity with the cloud that KASA uses to make the app work.

How can I restore connectivity remotely when I don't have physical access to the devices (isn't that why we have the app?) and only have LAN access to the devices. Is there a way to ssh into them and reset or restore them?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 smart switch lost connection - Device Unreachable in Kasa ap
2022-04-05 05:26:42
I have the same problem with my hs200 switches…. They work great for months, then a power outage occurs and all of the switches lose network connectivity. They have to be power cycled or reset to get them to connect back to the wireless network.
Options
Re:HS200 smart switch lost connection - Device Unreachable in Kasa ap
2022-04-06 19:16:52

@EJas As far as I know there weren't power outages involved. I finally returned home. Cycling power didn't fix the problem. I went through the relinking procedure with one device that had "lost it" and that restored all the devices. Still a mystery as to what is happening. I need to be able to fix this problem while not physically present.

I am rethinking the use of unreliable remote control devices since it could have an impact on my electric bill if something big gets stuck on.

Thanks for the response.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 272

Replies: 8