hs220 3 way confirguration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-10 22:57:59
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Has anyone been able to wire up an HS220 in a 3way configuration.

i looked over the site and youtube and did not seem to find relative info.

i also tried numero wireing configuration.

any help would be greatly appreciated, purchased 10 HS220 to set them up in a 3way configuration

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:hs220 3 way confirguration
2022-04-28 17:26:48

I am wondering if I can wire this similar to the way I wired the insteon switches.

1. is wired to control the light directly in a simple single pole switch config.

2. the second one is configured with no load and just setup to control the first one.

I have one switch wired that turns on a light and it also controls a kasa plug that is wired to a lamp.

Options
Re:hs220 3 way confirguration
2022-04-29 20:00:32

You can't "wire" it in a true 3-way config - the way to do this would be to have the HS220 be connected to the Load (you can do this in the 'line' box, using one of the travelers and linking to the load in the load box); then use the second traveler to be connected to 'line' and a 'slave' switch connected at the second box, whose ouput is unconnected. Then you have to create smart rules that will toggle the light on/off with action from the respective switch effectively turning the primary HS220 on/off. An HS200 is all that is required for the second switch although you could use HS220 if you have those available.  
i.e. say light is on at 20% (from switch 1) - then if you activate switch 2, smart control will turn off switch 1. (you need additional rules for the reciprocal action) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1072

Replies: 2

Related Articles