GFCI BREAKER TRIPPING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

GFCI BREAKER TRIPPING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
GFCI BREAKER TRIPPING
GFCI BREAKER TRIPPING
2022-04-29 19:05:16
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I have an HS200 switch controlling an outdoor pole lamp. Switch has been in use for ~2 years.  Because it's an outdoor device, I wanted it ground fault protected.  I switched power sources from a non GFCI circuit to one that was GFCI protected.  The GFCI breaker tripped immediately. I double checked all wiring to ensure it was correct and I found no issues.  I switched power sources back to a non GFCI circuit and the switch worked as it did previously.  I called TP link support and they provided no help. 

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue before?  If so, is there a solution or are TPLink switches incompatible with GFCI breakers?  

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:GFCI BREAKER TRIPPING
2022-04-30 11:38:55

@Frankroc 

Have you ever read this thread HS200 causing GFCI to trigger? In floor 19, someone fixed this by put white neutral wire on the load side of GFCI, you may need to consult an electrician for sure before change the wiring. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 778

Replies: 1

Related Articles