Only 3 smart actions functional @ the same time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 18:02:33
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How is this even possible? How are you trying to say that we as a consumer who made a decision to have smart switches installed in our homes and that we are only Allowed to make 3 smart actions on one account functional @ the same time but are allowed to create 50? How on earth was this not thought out? Why on earth would this even be able to be a product for a smart home? Seems pretty dumb. Defeats the whole purpose of the smart switch. I mean every home in the world has more than 3 switches in it. Please tell us that there is a some sort of an update available for this ridiculousness. Or @ least be able to return these items for a full refund. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Only 3 smart actions functional @ the same time?
2022-05-04 19:05:07 - last edited 2022-05-04 19:05:15

Hi,  @Isaiasbkln 

The Smart Action features right now are actually in a beta testing phase to ensure the stability of the actions before users receive the whole product. As of now, you can only enable three smart actions in the app; however you can control and set schedules for individual switches under the devices tab, and these automations do not count toward your smart action limit.

Until the update is released for this beta feature that will enable the rest of the smart actions, many users have turned to using other services to create more complex automations with their TP-Link Devices. I have seen users successfully use routines in Google, and the Alexa app, but Automations through the Smartthings app appears to be the most popular amongst consumers. 

While passing your feedback to the team, is there any other changes you would like seen to the app? Or are there any additional features that appear to be missing?

Options
2022-05-15 00:39:04

@Riley_S 

Just read an article on this site on the same subject (only 3 active smart actions) from 2020. Seems like a very long software development cycle. 

My goal is to automatically turn on some lights in the morning for a few hours and then again in the evening for a few hours. That seems to need two actions but at 4 different times. The software does not appear to support that simple level of functionality. 

Maybe I am missing something simple. 

Please share with the development team....which would seem to indicate multiple developers but that is hard to believe. 

Options
2022-05-18 21:10:26

@Kburk1097 

You can do that in the schedule for each switch.  You do not need smart actions for them.

For example my drive way lights turn on at sunset and turn off at midnight.  These are scheduled events.

Ryan

Options
2022-05-21 01:39:11

@RyanEverhart789 

although that is an option, I need them in my situation for common areas like hallways-bathrooms-closets-foyer etc which usually are being used for a few minutes @ a time. With this being the situation the scheduling doesn't work for my needs. The issue is that there is an option for this (smart actions) it's that we are limited to just 3 functioning @ the same time but are able to have 50 on my account(which makes no sense) its mind boggling & in a way false leading. I bought these for this specific purpose. Just nowhere does it say that we are limited to only 3 smart actions @ one time. 

Options
2022-05-21 01:43:38 - last edited 2022-05-21 01:48:37

@Riley_S 

al though that is an option, I need them in my situation for common areas like hallways-bathrooms-closets-foyer etc which usually are being used for a few minutes @ a time. With this being the situation the scheduling doesn't work for my needs. The issue is that there is an option for this (smart actions) it's that we are limited to just 3 functioning @ the same time but are able to have 50 on my account(which makes no sense) its mind boggling & in a way false leading. I bought these for this specific purpose. Just nowhere does it say that we are limited to only 3 smart actions @ one time. 

Could you please give us a time frame for when the update will be available?why would this be release under the false pretense's that I could enable the smart actions throughout my home or as said by you guys on a phone convo, Limited to 3 @ one time but able to set up 50 on my account. I'm sorry but this misleading when this is not labeled when initially making a purchase. I am heavily invested in these switches & they defeat the purpose on why I installed these in my home. I still have about 3 dozen sitting in a box because they are not why I purchased them. I would like help with just being able to return these or @ the bare minimum a committed date on an update for this feature (smart actions) to be enabled.

Options
2022-07-13 23:22:55
Most ridiculous thing I have come across on a "Smart Plug" I feel deceived by Kara's advertising. Nothing at all "smart" about limiting 3 smart actions. I have several devices I want to automatically turn off after a certain period when they are turned on. Just purchased your plugs and am so disappointed! Wow! You referred to a long drown out release to fix this major issue. When will this be available??
Options
2022-08-15 05:33:41

@Riley_S 

Hi Riley any updates now on the smart actions? I have to have 4 different accounts to achieve and been asking for this feature for a long ago, it's preferable to launch a beta than to wait years to launch the final version we're really desperate

🙏

Options
2022-08-15 18:32:55

Hey  @Moises2k2,

Unfortunately, the development updates and progress for feature updates are not something our team can easily access or give time frames on. All I can say is that the users' voice has been heard loud and clear and that our team is working hard to develop systems and features that improve the experience across all our product lines.

There are some exciting developments on the horizon, so make sure you keep checking the community for development updates on the community. I will make an effort to give as much information about upcoming developments as soon as I get them. 

I will broach the idea of potentially using beta to test this feature with our QA team; however, this could be difficult as it is a feature that would be updated on the app, rather than through firmware upgrades; and I am not sure if we have the ability to roll out beta versions of our applications to testers. 

If I may ask, why do you use multiple TP-Link Accounts for your devices rather than using a third-party integration for automation, such as SmartThings, IFTTT, or Open Source solutions like OpenHAB or Home Assistant?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 759

Replies: 8

Related Articles