Setting brightness Schedule W/O light turning on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-08 05:48:31
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Trying to figure out a possible work around to be able to set up brightness level presets without having to turn the lights on. 

Basically, if it's past 10PM and the light switch is activated, the brightness is only 50%. If it's the middle of the day and a light switch is activated it comes on at 100%.

I read a thread from a few years back, and a team member named Carl had a difficult time wrapping his head around this concept. I've noticed it was a common theme in the TP-Link forums. 

I'm curious, since it's clear the TP-Link devs aren't ever going to implement this simple feature, has anyone else found a workaround that doesn't cause the HS220 to activate the light at the scheduled interval. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting brightness Schedule W/O light turning on.
2022-05-20 00:05:19

@FanFiction 

I assume you are referring to this thread.  The concept of the ask was not lost on me.  The user was asking that during a set time period that if the lights were triggered during that period that they would go on at the pre-determined setting, such as 50%.  As answered then, that is not a feature that is available in the Kasa however this can be achieved through Voice command using a Google Assistant or Alexa device if they are connected to your Kasa account of course. You may also be able to achieve this through the Samsung Smart Things app which Kasa is fully compatible with through cloud to cloud functionality.  

As to the request for native control in the Kasa app, we will add it to the feature request that we send to the development team each month.  If you have any more feature requests feel free to add them here

Options