Guest wifi fails if security is set to anything other than "None."

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-23 13:53:11 - last edited 2022-05-24 01:05:58
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Trying to set up a secured guest network on my Deco X55. Using it in router mode.

If I set NONE for security, the guest network is fine. Clients can connect and use the internet, and the guest network is isolated from the main network as it should be.

However, I don't want random neighbors using my internet.

If I choose any other security type, such as AES, clients cannot connect. I have triple-checked the password, even changing it to something stupid like 1234567890.

Mobile phone clients can't connect. Sometimes they have a generic failure message, and sometimes they say they could not acquire an IP.

What could the problem be?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Guest wifi fails if security is set to anything other than "None."-Solution
2022-05-23 14:57:15 - last edited 2022-05-24 01:05:58

Never mind, this seems to have cleared up by just restarting everything. Secured guest network is working as expected now.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest wifi fails if security is set to anything other than "None."-Solution
2022-05-23 14:57:15 - last edited 2022-05-24 01:05:58

Never mind, this seems to have cleared up by just restarting everything. Secured guest network is working as expected now.

Recommended Solution
Options