Devices are hard bound to your email address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-28 13:49:15

BEWARE!!! All Kasa products are hard bound to your email address. Just came to find this out when I needed to change my email address. You MUST delete all of you devices from your current email account in the Kasa ap before creating an new account with new email address. Then you will need to delete the Kasa app and reinstall it and then re-add all of your Kasa products.

Fortunately , I have not invest enough to make me stay with Kasa. This and the fact that have no native gang plates is a deal breaker for me. I feel sorry for those who have replaced all of their legacy switches and outlets.

Have fun, and goodbye.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices are hard bound to your email address
2022-06-07 21:13:28
Doesn't seem like a huge issue to me. Bye!
Options
Re:Devices are hard bound to your email address
2022-08-27 16:14:46

@RyanEverhart789 - It probably is if one has 30+ devices to re-add.  Plus, your insensitive response surely won't make new people feel welcome or want to ask for advice.  If you don't have anything helpful to say then don't say anything at all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles