KS230 Satellite switch has power but doesn’t function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-29 23:05:30 - last edited 2022-05-29 23:06:34
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

I have installed both the main and satellite switches per instructions after confirming line wire in junction box of main switch and the traveler wires in bother boxes. Main switch functions properly with lights receiving power. Satellite switch has led circle light on but does not function neither on/off or dimming. No flashing of WiFi LED symbol.

Have spent hours troubleshooting with no success. I bought two ks230 kits and attempted with the second set kit yielding similar but slightly different outcome--the main switch functions properly and the satellite switch does not function AND the circle LED remains off. No flashing of WiFi LED symbol.  

From previous posts this has seemed to be a hardware or firmware issue, which is perhaps supported by the fact I have different outcomes with 2 different kits. There does not appear to be a firmware update available. 

Help would be much appreciated 

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS230 Satellite switch has power but doesn’t function
2022-08-16 02:16:31

@Aprilkcsd have you resolved this issue?  I have the same problem with the satellite on a ks230 v1.8. I also have a v1.0 that seems to work correctly. Any idea tplink???  I've spent hours troubleshooting. The main works perfectly, but the satellite does not function. Although I noticed with the main on, if I held the satellite for like 5 seconds the main would shut off, but would come right back on after releasing the satellite (this only happens sometimes)  Please help!

Options
Re:KS230 Satellite switch has power but doesn’t function
2022-08-16 03:02:16

@Jefsmk I could not resolve the issue and Tp-link technical support couldn't resolve the issue. I ended up uninstalling and returning it... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 1814

Replies: 2

Related Articles