Can't access router gui

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't access router gui

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't access router gui
Can't access router gui
2022-06-10 21:55:35 - last edited 2022-06-13 00:53:29
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

After setting up the router as a range extender I can no longer access it's web gui. It is working for internet access, I just can't get to the settings. The tether app can no longer find it, 192.168.0.1 and tplinkwifi.net don't work either. I've reset it a few times and started over but once set up as a range extender i can't get to the settings.

I have no idea what hardware or firmware version this router has so I just put 1 for both. It is brand new though.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't access router gui-Solution
2022-06-10 23:08:08 - last edited 2022-06-13 00:53:29

@Jerryo100,

If the ip changed for the device during configuration, the new IP can be found through the settings for your main router. This is the IP that should allow you to connect directly to the device and access the WebGUI. Since you are using a travel router as a range extender, there may have been changes that are preventing your computer from connecting through one of the other methods.

Also, have you tried to access the WebGUI through a wired connection to the travel router? This should be the most direct and simple way of accessing these settings. If you do that you can follow the instructions here: How to find IP address on your devices?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't access router gui-Solution
2022-06-10 23:08:08 - last edited 2022-06-13 00:53:29

@Jerryo100,

If the ip changed for the device during configuration, the new IP can be found through the settings for your main router. This is the IP that should allow you to connect directly to the device and access the WebGUI. Since you are using a travel router as a range extender, there may have been changes that are preventing your computer from connecting through one of the other methods.

Also, have you tried to access the WebGUI through a wired connection to the travel router? This should be the most direct and simple way of accessing these settings. If you do that you can follow the instructions here: How to find IP address on your devices?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't access router gui
2022-06-11 00:21:38 - last edited 2022-06-13 00:53:29

@Riley_S 

My main router is  T-Mobile Home Internet with very limited options. You can see how many devices are connected, but not their ip addresses. I connected straight to my PC with the included lan cable like you suggested and was able to log in to the web gui at tplinkwifi.net and find the ip of the range extender. The tether app still can't find the extender, but the ip address works fine. All set now.

Thanks a bunch,

Jerry

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles