hs-100 Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

hs-100 Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
hs-100 Smart Plug
hs-100 Smart Plug
2022-06-20 21:23:18 - last edited 2022-06-20 21:24:33
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have been installing and re-installing my HS-100 Smart Plugs for about 6 months. The model HS-100 (US) ver 1.2

DOES NOT conect wirelessly.It may work for a few minutes then it goes to the default "Local Only".  TP-Link support offers no solution as

it is now apparent there is NO solution. I purchased these plugs to operate Lights in a private home when I am away.

They only work "Local Only" so when I am sitting in front of my router they work just as well as turning on the light switch!

TP needs to replace these "wireless" Smart Plugs. PERIOD...!

(thanks for the cut and paste)

Options
1 Reply
Re:hs-100 Smart Plug
2022-06-20 22:15:01

@TP-hater 

The HS100 is actually an EOL product and is no longer in production.  For the Local Only concern, you are having is usually caused by a DNS issue in your router, not the product.  You can usually correct this by one of two ways. 

1.  Tap on the Device then tap on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.  You should see an option for remote control.  Tap on this to attempt to authenticate the device for Cloud/remote control.  

2.  Go into your router's DNS settings and set the DNS to a public DNS like the ones from Google or OpenDNS.  The Google ones are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 303

Replies: 1

Related Articles