Votes

Thread and Matter support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 16:48:42 - last edited 2022-07-13 00:46:43

Hello. I am about to buy a bunch of new things for my smart home and was wondering if TP Link has mentioned anything regarding support for Thread or Matter. I can't seem to find anything official and it will likely have an effect on my decision of which products to buy.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Thread and Matter support
2022-07-18 19:20:45

@Bauer09,

While there is still not much information regarding the matter protocol and what devices/brands will be available. Rest assured TP-Link is always working to give users the best experience possible. I do not have any concrete information on the 'matter'(get it because Matter), but TP-Link is listed on the matter website as being a participating partner in the development of the technology. On the official website for the matter protocol, a complete list can be found of the Brands that are involved.

As the release of the matter is fast approaching I would expect announcements and official references to the program to be released from all companies, relatively soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2114

Replies: 1

Voters 2