3 Kasa pan/tilt but only one will actually connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 15:41:51
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 Kasa Pan/Tilt, Model number EC70. Only one will connect. 

I do not use a VPN (and I checked to make sure there was not one on my phone, without my knowledge)

I already have ONE of these cameras connected, and the location is set to always, so there's no reason for my other 2 to fail to connect. 

im absolutely frustrated, after trying each of the other two, many times. 

obviously, since one IS connected (and works great.. BTW), The Wi-Fi is already connected. I'm no idiot and I can follow instructions just fine (again... one of these 3 IS connected)

Please help! It sure would be great to be able to SPEAK with customer care. 

thank you!

Amy

Options
3 Reply
Re:3 Kasa pan/tilt but only one will actually connect
2022-07-20 21:53:13

Hi  @Amyls70,

I would be glad to help you with getting your cameras connected. I do not know what troubleshooting steps you have already taken but the first recommendation I always make is that you should factory reset the camera to its default state and then start the setup process over again. This can oftentimes fix any problems or errors that are occurring during setup.If you need more info on how to reset your particular camera you can go here: How to reset the TP-Link Kasa camera

Other than that, I will have to know more information about what and where in the setup process things go wrong. Throughout your attempts and before you start, keep track of what color the led is on the camera as that directly indicates what the camera is doing at that time.

For a Kasa Camera, the Colors have the following meanings:

System LED Colors

Status

Solid amber

Rebooting

Alternating amber and green

SoftAP Mode

Flashing red

Connecting to Wi-Fi

Flashing green

Connected to Wi-Fi

Solid green

Bound to Cloud

Flashing amber

Resetting to SoftAP/Factory mode

Lastly, at what point in the setup process does the setup fail? Is the app able to detect the camera, and cannot connect? Or is the camera simply not connecting to your home network?

Options
2022-07-21 01:23:27

@Riley_S 

One of them shows up in my Wi-Fi list but then won't connect. The message I get is "Unable to connect to your Kasa Spot Wi-Fi"

the other one won't even show up in my Wi-Fi list. 

I did finally get one of them to connect a few minutes ago (the one that was showing in my list) so now I have two set up and both are working. Interesting... the one that I just finally got connected... though it's working fine, it's no longer listed in my Wi-Fi. 

the third one still just won't even appear in my list of Wi-Fi devices. 

I have already done some hard resets. 

Anyway... so now my husband came home and selected the only camera showing up in my list of Wi-Fi devices... the ONLY one showing is the FIRST one I connected... though now two were connected when my husband chose the ONE that appears... again, the first one I connected. 

then.. he simply unplugged the two that DO work and even though he chose that only one.. then unplugged the two that work... the third one, that doesn't appear... all of a sudden connects. 

this is very bizarre. So now that the third one is working, we plugged the other two back in and they're ALL working, though STILL the only one that appears in the list of Wi-Fi devices, is the first one I connected a few weeks ago. 

thank y

Options
2022-07-21 18:14:23

@Amyls70,

I am a little unclear about where the devices are appearing in your wifi list. If you are still looking for the cameras in the wifi list on your phone, they will not appear after the camera is setup through the Tapo App as the wifi is simply used to set up the camera. 

If you are talking about the devices not appearing in your client list on your router, this could be a problem with your IP addressing settings on the router.

I would recommend plugging them in one at a time and configuring each one individually in the Tapo App, before powering on the next camera

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 3