Lost Home Wifi due to router failure, HS200 quit working when manually using Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lost Home Wifi due to router failure, HS200 quit working when manually using Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-11 12:59:36
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

During a firmware update on my router on Monday morning, the wifi configuration was corrupted  (Ethernet still works).  So I don't have wifi to any of my smart devices.  I plan to attempt to reset the router over the weekend, but for the time being I am just using all of my Kasa switches the old fashion way, by pressing the switch.  That worked fine until today, when I pressed the switch manually, and the light did not come on.  This happened on all of my HS200 light switches.  But my HS210 and HS220 switches still work. I can make the HS200s work by pressing the "Restart" button on the bottom of the switch (the right button).  

When I bought these switches, I always assumed that if something happened like TP-Link went out of business or took down the server that these light switches connect to, or quit supporting the app I could still use the switches manually.  But now I am not so certain.  Even though I found a quick solution, I am concerned that in another 2 days the light switch will stop working and I will have to restart them again. 

Has anyone run into this?  Anyone have an explanation for this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 0

Related Articles