Wi-Fi I can’t connect my video doorbell to my Wi-Fi.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-18 18:45:19 - last edited 2022-08-19 00:52:01
Model: KD110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I can't get this connected to my Wi-Fi.  It does show in my network.   Help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi I can’t connect my video doorbell to my Wi-Fi.
2022-08-18 18:54:58 - last edited 2022-08-19 00:52:01

@Txproblemhelp 

Hi can you give us some more information about what you have done to try and remedy this and what your network setup looks like? Whar router are using for your home network, and are there any settings that were changed for security purposes.

When the device shows as being connected to the network, what does the device appear as in the Kasa app? Does it appear as a device with a local connection, or are you stuck in the configuration process?

If the device is showing in the list of network devices, that means that it has connected to the Wi-Fi, but may not have a connection to the cloud. In this case, I would recommend resetting the doorbell using the soft reset method, which resets the wifi connection on the device so it can connect to another network. (This is done by holding the reset button for only 5 seconds, compared to the 10 seconds to perform a factory reset.

If you are using a dual or tri-band network with one SSID, some devices may have difficulty distinguishing between the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands when connecting to the network. 

I would recommend seeing if disabling the 5Ghz band on your router will allow the device to connect to the network. If the device is connected to the network, I would recommend disabling the fast roaming feature on the router, as this feature causes some devices, such as iPhones, to have trouble maintaining a connection to the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 1