Votes

Programming Rule to add Override for Senor Light Switch KS200M

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-20 17:05:10 - last edited 2022-12-16 21:56:59

A Programming Rule needed for a overside for KS200m Senor light switch.

At this time, KS200M is pretty much the same function as the $10 non-wifi senor light switch. I could not think of a use case for the remote control / schedule feature.

However, I do find out a use case that you can easily enhance through a simple software update.

I installed the senor switch in my basement / bathroom so that it will be on and off based on motion. Sometimes, I want to stay in the basement / bathroom for a while and I do not want the light to go off automatically. In fact, it could be bad when I was working in basement / bathroom away from the switch sensor and the light goes off. 

I would like to have a new programming rule: if the switch / light is pushed ON rather than motion-triggered on, I want the light to stay on for a longer period, say, an hour, that can be configured. After that period, the light goes off. Of cause, if the the period is configured on forever, it becomes a manual mode.

You can make it even fancier: double click or long-hold the button to trigger this mode. And Ambient light could keep flashing for this special mode.

This is a feature that only requires a software upgrade.

P.S.

After initial posting, I found an article talking about the feature involving hardware wiring. BUT I am not allowed to include the link here. You may Google make-a-motion-sensor-light-stay-on to find it. What I am asking is called "override" feature and I found a product for $16.00: TOPGREENER TSOS5.

You can simply enhance the software rule to provide such a feature. It is an hour programming task.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Programming Rule to add Override for Senor Light Switch KS200M
2022-12-04 23:58:13 - last edited 2022-12-16 21:56:59

I agree 100% after buying the smart dimmer motion sensor I realized I may as well have stayed with the old dumb motion sensor the kasa switch offers no real benefit.  I would like to tell it to stay on and/or I would like to control how long it stays on after it is triggered by motion.  Even the dumb sensors can do that.  I kind of wasted my money.  The vedeo I watched showed how you could adjust the brightness depending on the time of day triggered (a nice feature) but it's gone now??

Options
RE:Programming Rule to add Override for Senor Light Switch KS200M
2023-01-22 22:52:36
Agreed! I have one installed in the bathroom and have it shut off after 10 minutes (my kid us always forgetting to turn it off). Someone time I just want it to stay on when taking a bath or shower. The overide would be a great feature!
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 261

Replies: 2

Voters 2