way to turn off "are you still watching" thing from popping up when viewing cameras?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

way to turn off "are you still watching" thing from popping up when viewing cameras?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 05:27:20

this was advertised as a 24/7 baby monitor, which i don't intend to use as a baby monitor though, but anyways every 10 or so minutes the screen gets covered and a pop-up asking if i want to keep watching appears. this is annoying, for two reasons, and i would like to disable this and use the camera as advertised to me, and then another annoyance i'm experiencing with this camera:

1. was advertised as a 24/7 camera, but if i can only view it continuously for 10 minutes that is a very far cry from 168 hours
  2. it doesn't work. the majority of the time i will click continue, and it just hangs on a loading screen for, as far as i know, forever. i have to swipe out and back in. 
  3. why is there no way to view the camera feed on a computer? this seems impossible to not have, because it doesn't make sense not to. using an android emulator is absolutely not a solution. 
Options
3 Reply
Re:way to turn off "are you still watching" thing from popping up when viewing cameras?
2022-08-26 16:55:19

Hi  @rajpop,

The pop-up that is interrupting the stream, appears when you are viewing the camera connection from outside of the local network. This popup will not appear when viewing the camera from inside the network. This is something that we have started to see feedback for from users, and we are starting to get in contact with the proper teams to see why the limitation exists and if there is a possibility of maybe adding a toggle for the setting.

In terms of being advertised as a 24/7 Camera, that is in reference not to your viewing of the camera but that the camera is continuously monitoring and can record 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

2 - Is there any way that you can provide more detailed information/ video of the behavior for our engineers? That way they can see the best way to replicate the issues. Also, what type of phone do you have, what OS version, and what Kasa Camera do you have?

3 - Kasa was originally created as a mobile-first brand to provide the best user experience for our users. As Smart Homes have become more complex, users are starting to go back to using PCs for management. We are seeing the request, and the feedback has already been passed on to our engineering team. 

Options
Re:way to turn off "are you still watching" thing from popping up when viewing cameras?
2022-09-30 01:33:03

@Riley_S Yes this is extremely annoying not to be able to watch more than a few minutes, the camera is 3 feet from a tp-link wifi-6 router. I only use it to watch for deliveries and having to click continue streaming every few minutes from the other room on the same wifi network is ridiculous. On a side note I'd like to see this app on the amazon app store for Windows 11 usability. Thanks for your time.

Options
2023-01-11 19:25:46
I was using an old PC as a continuous monitor with my Reolink camera and was disappointed to find out that 1. There is no Windows App for KASA cameras. 2. Using an android emulator on my windows PC which is on the same network, you still can't get continuous vieiwing. Using an Android tablet I don't get the 10 minute issue but it does error out after some time and you have to re-connect. I don't see how KASA can ignore the large number of Windows users out there.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 651

Replies: 3

Related Articles