Devices stuck on "Local Only"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 22:48:23
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.18

I have several KP115 Smart plugs and all plugs off my HS300 Smart plug strip are showing "Local Only".

- I reset one of the smart plugs, reconfigured it and upgraded the firmware. Still local only.

- I changed my router DNS to Google and Level 3, no change.

- I did a site survey on my wifi bands, and made sure I had no conflicts, none. I changed bands anyway to other unoccupied channels. No change.

Suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Devices stuck on "Local Only"
2022-08-30 23:01:55

@Padre2,

Is it possible the devices are trying to reconnect to your network with the 5Ghz band? I would recommend trying to set them up on your guest network (make sure network device discovery is on in the router settings if doing so). 

Otherwise, I would recommend trying a soft reset of the smart plugs, as you have already completed a factory reset. If you hold the button for 5 seconds compared to the whole 10 seconds for a factory reset, the plug will reset its network connection but keep its settings. This may allow you to connect the device back into the network.

Options
2022-08-31 15:28:51

@Riley_S 

For the 5ghz, I'm not seeing any indications that they're trying the 5ghz wifi. I have them splits, 2.4 and 5, into two wifis with different names. 

I'll try the soft reset, but since the hard reset is a superset of the same function, I'm not going to hold out much hope it'll change things. 

Options
2022-08-31 15:44:52
No soap, soft reset shows the same afterwards - local only.
Options
2022-08-31 16:42:38

@Padre2,

First, what is your home network look like? What brand of router do you have and what model? it looks like there are certain settings from manufacturers that could be interfering with the connection. 

Also, When the devices are set to be local only, what is the color of the LED light on the plug?

On your router, Disable Fast Roaming if using a Mesh Setup.

If your router supports firewall levels(high/medium/low), change to either medium or low during the configuration process, you can change it back after the setup process.

The first general troubleshooting step is to look in your router settings for AP Isolation/Client Isolation and Toggle the Setting.

Try Changing the Security Setting away from WPA/WPA2 to simply WPA2

Another thing that a lot of users have done for troubleshooting is to setup their smart plugs on their guest network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 4

Related Articles