Votes

Using Kasa at two sites

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Multiple Homes. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Using Kasa at two sites

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Multiple Homes. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Using Kasa at two sites
Using Kasa at two sites
2022-09-11 04:34:47 - last edited 2022-11-11 22:43:40

I am thinking of installing KASA at my primary residence, but have it running already at our  secondary residence.   My KASA app works from my primary residence 100 mi away.  I can see issues if I install KASA swiches at the primary residence ... would like the two systems to be separate.  

Is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance.

Tom   

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Kasa at two sites
2022-09-12 18:51:08 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:44:51

Hey @tomcVentura,

As of now, you can only have one home per Kasa account. This is a feature that has long been requested by the community and looks like it may be starting to come to fruition. Keep an eye out for future updates on the community regarding your Kasa Application, as there are some really exciting things on the horizon.

Right now, everything will work under one account, even if they are in separate time zones, the only issue that I saw for a shortwhile was that the timestamp on Cameras would use your home's location and not the camera location.

Options
Re:Using Kasa at two sites
2022-09-27 23:17:59 - last edited 2022-09-27 23:44:51

@tomcVentura,

We are currently rolling out a new version of the Kasa Application to iOS and Android that will add the functionality that you are looking for; the new kasa app gives the ability to set your devices into more than one home that can be controlled separately, while still under the same TP-Link ID.

Find out more in the newly posted Featured Story Here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/stories/detail/501836

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 2