SD card was full, I reformatted but no recordings were captured afterward

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-20 18:16:08 - last edited 2022-09-29 21:35:35
Model: EC60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased 2 EC60 cameras and set them up with no difficulty whatsoever. They did a great job of recording.

After a few weeks I noted that the SD cards were full. So, I used the app to reform them. Then, recording stopped.  I can watch the cameras in "real time", no problem connecting etc. 

I removed both of them and added back, will see what happens, but there has to be a better way. 

Also I am US-based, the instructions here for finding H/W version are confusing and my eyes aren't good enough even w/a magnifying glass. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SD card was full, I reformatted but no recordings were captured afterward-Solution
2022-09-22 16:01:18 - last edited 2022-09-29 21:35:31

@blzrul,

I realized that I did not add a link to the Reply, sorry about that. More information regarding the SD Card recording issue can be found here: Kasa Camera 24/7 recordings missing and corrupted. Rest Assured however, that a fix is coming very very soon.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:SD card was full, I reformatted but no recordings were captured afterward
2022-09-21 16:38:42

Hey  @blzrul,

This is actually an issue that our team has been tracking and is preparing a fix for. More information can be found here: Kasa Camera 24/7 recordings corrupted.

Before you format the cards again, try simply unplugging and replugging in the camera. Some of the affected cameras are able to recover their status and recordings simply by restarting. Otherwise, your camera should be receiving a firmware update soon that will address the issue.

Options
Re:SD card was full, I reformatted but no recordings were captured afterward
2022-09-22 00:37:14

@Riley_S Thanks for the quick response!

FYI I did the plug / unplug thing before I posted and it didn't work.

Soooo I just deleted the devices and re-added them. Working like a charm.

But 'twill be great not to have to do that in the future.

Thanks again!

Options
Re:SD card was full, I reformatted but no recordings were captured afterward-Solution
2022-09-22 16:01:18 - last edited 2022-09-29 21:35:31

@blzrul,

I realized that I did not add a link to the Reply, sorry about that. More information regarding the SD Card recording issue can be found here: Kasa Camera 24/7 recordings missing and corrupted. Rest Assured however, that a fix is coming very very soon.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 3