Cannot set up HS210 Smartswitch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-23 01:50:42 - last edited 2022-09-23 16:56:18
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am at my wits end.  I used to have a smart switch for 2 years from another brand.  It suddenly stopped working. I tried everything so replaced it with the HS210.  I had a thought that the router was too far away so have it now sitting less than 10 feet away. I have gone through the steps numerous times.  I make sure my phone is connecting to a 2.4 ghz network.  Password is correct.  Device blinks orange/green. Phone shows it connects.  All good so far.  Then it tried to cnnect to the network.  It spins and spins with nothing happening.  I can't even stop the app. Have to force stop it.  I have removed and reinstalled it  I've reset the switch.

What am I missing here?  Way too many hours spent on something obvious that I am missing.  Please help!

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot set up HS210 Smartswitch-Solution
2022-09-23 16:55:51 - last edited 2022-09-23 16:56:18

@Riley_S 

Thank you.  I actually tried it on a different device and it worked.  Not sure what the problem was.  Even went back and tried on mine again with no luck.  But as long as I could set up on the other one, I'll be satisfied.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot set up HS210 Smartswitch
2022-09-23 16:51:39

@mmeisler,

I would honestly first recommend trying to setup the device on your guest network if available. Because it gets hung up when connecting to the network, I am wondering if there is an incompatibility between the security settings of the HS210 and your Network. The encryption setting on your router has been found to be the cause of a few problems, however mainly in regards to Smart Plugs.

Can you try and set up the device on another device? This issue may be limited to the initial setup process, and may not be an issue after the device has an opportunity to update the firmware.

Options
Re:Cannot set up HS210 Smartswitch-Solution
2022-09-23 16:55:51 - last edited 2022-09-23 16:56:18

@Riley_S 

Thank you.  I actually tried it on a different device and it worked.  Not sure what the problem was.  Even went back and tried on mine again with no luck.  But as long as I could set up on the other one, I'll be satisfied.

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot set up HS210 Smartswitch
2022-09-23 17:19:03

@mmeisler,

Do you have any VPN's or Adblocking software active on your phone? any settings that could change/alter the network settings would have the potential to prevent the device from completing the connection? Private Addressing, while most likely not the culprit, could also cause issues if it the device is trying to communicate with a specific MAC address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 3

Related Articles